RoadHawk HD Dash Cam
RoadHawk HD Dash Cam - Support Portal
There's no power on my RoadHawk HD Dash Cam
1. Check the LED light on power plug, ensuring that the plug is firmly inserted into the socket.
2. Check voltage at the camera plug, is it above 11.4V DC (but below 13V DC)?
3. Check camera plug fit when in camera socket, does it feel firm?
4. Format the memory card, bad data on the card can stall the power on process and make the camera appear as if there is no power.
If power cable LED is on, voltage check is good and the card has been formatted but the camera remains inactive please contact RoadHawk Support to request an RMA.
Where can I download the user manual for the RoadHawk HD?
You can download a copy of the RoadHawk HD user manual here.
How do I install the RoadHawk HD?
EASY INSTALL STEPS...
1: Choose camera location, use the fitting guide in the manual for help.
2: Clean the screen with some glass cleaner and allow drying time.
3: If possible warm the adhesive pad in your hand, remove adhesive backing from the camera mount and place firmly on the screen, without the camera on.
4: Leave the mount to bond. Recommended bond time is 12 hours.
5: Use the adhesive cable clips to route the power cable neatly around the screen.
6: Attach the camera to the mount and face it forwards.
7: Plug the power cable in to the camera.
8: Plug in the cigarette lighter plug.
Aligning the camera:
The RoadHawk camera is fitted with a very wide angled lens. This is to capture as much as what is happening in front of you as possible.
Car Use: Keep the camera as level as possible.
Lorry & Coaches: Tilt downward a little.
Some vehicles have “always on” accessory sockets. We recommend unplugging the camera from these sockets when not in use.
Never remove the SD card from the camera whilst it is powered on. Always remove the power supply from the camera and wait for the camera to chime to let you know it is safe to remove the SD card.
We recommend that you have the camera hard wired by an approved auto electrician; you can find your nearest one by using our approved fitter’s link at the bottom of the page.
If self-fitting, use the RoadHawk hard wiring kit suitable for you camera (never modify the accessory socket power supply as this will invalidate your warranty). Please refer to your Vehicles wiring diagram, (We cannot offer advice on how to wire the kit)
Black - Negative
Red - Switched live supply, not permanent live.
- Where can I download the software for the RoadHawk HD?
My RoadHawk HD is not locking on to GPS
It can take up to 10 minutes in certain circumstances to obtain a GPS signal the first time the RoadHawk HD is used or if the camera has not used for a long period of time.
• Some vehicles have heated windscreens or special coatings that impede GPS signals. In most cases though there should be an area near the middle of the screen where the camera will operate correctly. Experiment with relocating the camera if the problem persists
• Alternatively, you can use the external GPS antenna to get a stronger signal